Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A little behind

I know I'm a little behind on my weekly update post from last week, but I'm OK with that!  Glad you are, too :)

Last week was a great START.  I'm all about easing into new ambitions... especially when a long-term change is the goal.  

So here's the breakdown:
  • I made it to Jazzercise (my exercise of choice) twice last week.  Which is only halfway up to speed, but my goal is an AVERAGE of 4 times a week, so I figure I'll more than make up for it.... the plan this week is 5-6 times :) 
  • Healthy eating & meal planning went well.  However, I was out of town for the weekend, and definitely indulged....
  • I reconnected with my immediate family, had some AMAZING dinner conversations with my brother, fiancee, and folks, and really enjoyed spending time with one of my BFFs.
  • My main progress was in wedding planning!  We've been engaged since April 15, 2010, and had an original plan, but that ended up falling through.  I started a blog (Ben & Dorothy Nearlyweds), but I hadn't made any progress there or elsewhere.  Aside from tagging ideas that I liked, nothing much was happening.  Last week we met with a planner, we went to a bridal expo, scouted another location, I've researched wedding dresses, and tonight mom & I will meet with a second planner.  I still have a LONG way to go, but progress is happening!
Overall, I'd say, good week!  It has certainly revved me up for another (even better) week and I haven't burned out from overwhelming myself with too much change & structure.  YAY!
I've also been creating meal plans & weekly to do lists to keep myself on track.  Meals for this week include:
Breakfasts & Snacks:  Ginger-Pear Smoothies, Chocolate Oatmeal & Blueberry Yogurt, Clementine Sunflower Twist, Peppery Pear Crunch 

This is one of my favorite pictures from one of my favorite food & photography blogs:  The Edible Perspective

Lunches & Dinners:  Tuna Pecan Pasta,  Chicken Ginger Stir Fry, Black Bean Tacos, Soup & Salad of Ben's choice, a couple nights out.

All the recipes are from Cinch!  which was featured in Shape magazine this month.  The book is written by a Shape editor, Cynthia Sass, the same woman who wrote the Flat Belly Diet.  I'm not too familiar with her first book, but I checked out Cinch! from the library and am currently reading and deciding how in depth I'd like to go into the program.  It's interesting, the food/combinations are delicious, it seems like something that could be maintained over the long term, and I'm already feeling great while eating the more natural foods! 

Song/Artist I can't get enough of right now:  Ida Maria


What new songs or artists are you listening to right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment